




We've been having such a fun week with play dates at the pool, my 10 year High School Reunion, meeting Pops, Lelly and Jack for an afternoon at the river, a picnic on the lake, and tomorrow Hallie and Robbie and the Basses from Texas are coming for a visit!! Jack is so cute, we call David Franklin "Woobie" as a nickname sometimes (just random) and Jack has picked up on it and calls him "Baby Woobie". It's hilarious!
On Wednesday morning DF and I are loading up with Gammers to go meet old family friends, the Albrights, in Florida for a long weekend. I'm so excited! Franklin can't join us and I am very sad about that, but I am really looking forward to some relaxing time on the beach. A little worried about the car trip though....
David Franklin is into everything these days, the dryer, the dishwasher (his absolute favorite), the toilet, clothes baskets, eating sticks, leaves, grass, even dog food. He has had his first bites of table food this week, rice and watermelon. He loved them both, but keep in mind that he hasn't turned down a bite of food we've ever offered him. He is still doing his fake laugh and it is adorable and brings a true laugh to us both most of the time.
I am so thankful for time with family and friends, truly gratified in my role as a mother and enjoy getting to "play" again! This weekend brought about a healthy dose of nostalgia. It was nice to look back and reminisce about the past, but equally nice to be happy about where I am in my life now. God is so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment