Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas lights and cold winter nights


4 hats- gotta be some kind of record!

So happy after a good suck on his hand

Funny, crooked, cross-eyed smile that is one of my favorite expressions!!

Gammers proud of her layering techniques- I don't think this layering is "in"



This weekend we decided we needed to go to Garvan Gardens and walk through the big lights display. I know he's too little to appreciate Christmas at 2 months old, but I also know he LOVES lights so this would be the one thing he might actually get in to.

He stayed awake and loved looking around at all of the pretty colors and lights and listening to the Christmas music. It was really cold so we had him bundled up- and then some. My mom went with us and she kept adding layers. She was worried his feet were cold and tried to put her gloves on his feet, but Franklin Vetoed quickly! His 'outfit' was really funny, but he was warm and happy so that is all that matters. The lights were so pretty and it really got me into the Christmas spirit!!

David Franklin is doing great! He has discovered his hand and loves to suck on it. We are still waking up once a night for a feeding, but I don't mind it. I am pretty sure this is normal but I read the other blogs and hear about these fabulous babies sleeping all night long and we aren't there yet. It's ok, he will when he is ready. He goes down at 9:00 and sleeps until about 2 or 2:30 on average every night and goes straight back down. He is cooing big time and it is exciting to hear him talk to us!

I got some pictures of him smiling finally! His smiles are really hilarious, I have posted one of my favorites. Love that big goofy grin! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Our babies are on the same sleep schedule only I can't keep Claire awake to take a full feedingat 2am so she normally wakes up at 4:30 too. I know nothing about a baby that sleeps through the night! So I think you are doing GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Ha HA HA. That one of him sitting up with his onsie tie outfit made me laugh out loud. So ADORABLE. Its like he's saying "YEAH Check out my outfit...I'm stylin" To funny!

Blaine said...

I can not handle how stinkin cute he is! I am dying to see him again! Have yall decided if yall are coming up this weekend? Let me know for sure so i can get DF's present to ya. Love you!