First time he would try hot chocolate and he loved it. It's making him cross-eyed in this pic :)
Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go....
Franklin left for Texas on Saturday and we knew the snow was coming so DFB and I loaded up and headed to Mammers. It's not that I'm scared, or don't think that I can't do it alone, I simply just get lonely and knew I'd go to stir crazy snowed in. Plus it doesn't hurt to have someone cook all of our meals for us and taking care of both of us. Getting waited on isn't too bad at 20 weeks pregnant :) Thanks Mammers, we love you.
Here are some of our pics from our snow days. (I didn't have my camera so these are all from my phone, which is why they aren't that great.) We played and played. The attention span of a two year old was challenging and he wanted to go outside, then inside, outside and inside, and repeat. Taking layers on and off over and over was wearing me out, and mittens or gloves were impossible to keep on his hands. But it was worth it. We went up the hill to play with the McBrides. Mammers kept the sleds we had when I was a kid and they still work like a charm. We only went down mild hills, nothing to steep but it was a blast. We rode on a 4 wheeler and dug in the snow. A snowman was never made however, a certain little boy would knock down any snowball with the slightest amount of size. We had hot chocolate, we made snow ice cream, and really enjoyed this rare opportunity for snow fun. When we weren't outside, we were either eating or watching movies. It was a big vacation for us, DF even ate chocolate snow ice cream for breakfast this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment