Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pregnancy Midway Point Update


So it is high time I document this pregnancy. This one seems to be going so smoothly and flying by...thank you Lord! I am teaching all the way through this time- my finals are the first week in May and then it's on. So far so good in the classroom, but I always have snacks on hand and did ask for a stool to be placed in my room. I have to sit on it sometimes and rest a minute. I'm afraid I will be parked on it for good pretty soon.

Here are my pregnancy stats so far:
I am 22 weeks. Baby Bass is the size of a spaghetti squash. I am in maternity pants, or leggings and sweats, but everything else is regular. I am starting to show and the belly is absolutely there, although in some clothes you can't see it at all. I am feeling really good. Starting to feel more pregnant now in terms of getting around, but not bad. I'm not going to yoga like I did the first time but I'm walking/hiking weekly, and chasing DFB is exercise! Worst symptom at this point, the frequency I have to use the bathroom. Best pregnancy symptom, feeling the baby move more and more. What I miss- red wine! I am not having any certain cravings although my appetite has really picked up lately. I have gained 4 lbs so far, but I go back soon and I'm sure that's gone up! David Franklin is warming up to the baby idea. If you ask him if he wants a baby brother or a baby sister he says, both :) We are not going to find out the sex but that was harder than I thought! I truly almost cracked at the ultrasound, but held strong. We have no names picked out yet...we are open to suggestions... but are working on that all the time. I like to use family names (obviously), if only all of my favorites were on that list!

My current project is decorating David Franklin's big boy room. We are moving him to the guest room beside his room and leaving the nursery furniture in his current room. We want to get that put together and him settled before I start with the crib bedding and nursery. Since it's gender neutral I am using lots of creams and chocolate brown. I figure we can add pink or blue later. I hope it will be very soothing and serene. I would also love to have David Franklin potty trained before this baby comes. He has a little activity on the potty, but really not much interest at all. He gets the concept but when you ask him if he wants to us the potty, he says "no thank you." At least he's polite. I have been reading on the 3 day program and may attempt that at some point. I'm not pushing anything yet, just keep asking and planting those seeds. We will see....

We are really excited about this baby coming!! I feel like I haven't shown that enough. I don't want this peanut to feel neglected, I don't have stickers on the pregnancy calender, I don't have gobs of ultrasound pictures, and I've honestly never cracked my What to Expect book (although I do have the app on my phone and refer to that). I am starting to think and dream about what it will be like having a little baby in the house again, and although I have seen this movie before, and I know how hard it will be, I also know it will be so amazing and I'm thrilled to meet this baby and feel so blessed to be adding to our family!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

so excited for you, amanda! you look amazing. it will be so fun for FD to have a little brother or sister... i bet sister :)
keep us posted on your progress!

Savannah B said...

Amanda, you look lovely! Pregnancy suits you. :) Congrats on baby #2. David Franklin is such a handsome little man.