Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!



We have had a wonderful 2010, yet we are really looking forward to 2011. Especially since this is the year of our new baby being born! Less than 5 months away! This pregnancy seems to be going by SO much faster than the first one. We go to the doctor on Tuesday and we get our 20 week ultrasound, but we have decided to keep the sex a surprise and not find out. It is getting harder not knowing but I think it will be a lot of fun when the baby is born to hear "It's a _____!" for the first time when we actually meet our child. Amazing!

We went to The Wonder Place in Little Rock with the Vaughts and had a great day! Other than that we've been just hanging out, playing with friends, and enjoying our break. I go back to school on the 13th, so I've still got more vacation time! The perks of a college schedule, I think I will always think of the calender year in terms of semesters. Poor Franklin has had one 1/2 day off- Christmas Eve. He's been working the whole time and does not enjoy such a schedule. He is taking DF to the farm today for a Daddy/David F. outing and I think they will both really enjoy it.

Happy New Year everyone! I haven't given much time to reflection upon this year if I'm being honest. I'm really trying to live in the present and soak up the here and now. I know it's good to reflect and set new goals for the future, but I also know that the days go by slowly, and the years go by quickly with little ones and I just don't want to miss anything.

Like this morning, DF was helping his daddy cook breakfast (putting pop tarts in the toaster) and I walked in and he said "Mommy, what would you like to drink....beer?" Obviously, we do not drink beer in the mornings. I'm not drinking at all, but I guess he's learned a new word and he wants to try it out. SO FUNNY! He has also called the new baby in my tummy an angel, which I thought was so sweet until he said, it flew away. Good thing we've got some more time to work on this whole baby idea.

No comments: