
Britton and Holly with DF

Grands Ellie and her baby boys.

First bite of Rice cereal

Jagger's suckers

Jack loves David Franklin- Smack!

David Franklin with Pops
Last week DF tried his first taste of Rice cereal, he was very interested and was swallowing and did great. I guess it was a little early because by the end of the week he was pushing it out of his mouth and throwing a fit. We will try it again later and see what he thinks then. No hurry, he is definitely getting enough nutrition!!
We headed up the hill last weekend to Fayetteville for a visit. It always feels too short and like we don't have enough time with everyone but we had a great time!
Grands Ellen came down from MO to meet us at my dad's and it was SO good to be with her and the Johnson family. Jack calls her "Ellie" which is really cute and he can't say Franklin so he calls him "Bass" which is hilarious!! It's like they are old college buddies. He and David Franklin are going to have a big time together one day.
We had a baby shower for Blaine on Saturday and she got lots of cute things for baby Jagger. He is going to be a little rock star that is for sure! I didn't have my camera but I did take pictures of my mom's gift. She got these homemade suckers made that say "Jagger Francis" on the blue little feet for Blaine to take to the hospital and pass out when she has the baby. She also didn't want Gillian to be left out so we got some pink ones made that say "Jagger's Big Sis" for her to take to her class when he is born. I got some foam (not sure the real word for it) and stuck them in like I was making a floral arrangement. They aren't professional, but I think they turned out pretty cute! Its about as crafty as I get.
We went to lunch with Coy and Molly and Holly and Britton afterwards and it was good to be with them. Franklin drove DF around Fayetteville during the shower and showed him his old house, went by First Security, etc. I'm sure he will have many more reminiscent tours of Fayetteville to come. Franklin said his dad would do that to him and his sister when they visited Waco so I guess he is following suit :)
We went by Jeff and Randi's to see Lilly's nursery- that is the girliest room I've ever seen! I wish Randi had a blog so you could see it. It's so glamorous! The guys left and Blaine and Randi and I were sitting in the living room talking about nurseries, and baby clothes, and sales. I was nursing DF, they are both extremely pregnant and it just hit me... Wow, life has changed! It is so wonderful. I wouldn't go back for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment