



Warning- Long post ahead.
Last night we went to Little Rock to meet Davis Crow. He is precious--and Adam, Julia and Davis are all doing well. While we went to the hospital, Jessica (Franklin's sister) and the kids babysat DF and had a big time! When we got there, Hallie and Robbie had out every toy and wanted to hug him and play with him immediately. They are so sweet with him!
We left at 5:30 and got back at 9:00. It was a fast trip and we were hurrying back to try to get DF fed and to bed. There was a horrible traffic jam coming home and it was already a long day of driving to and from Arkadelphia (for me and DF) and to and from Little Rock, back to back. We couldn't wait to come home and fall into bed. We had no idea what we were coming home to.
Bella has been limping lately and not feeling her best so I took her to the (new) vet on Wednesday. They sent us home with 2 weeks worth of pills to give her to try to help her with any back/hip pain. She is just getting older, but it makes us sad to see her hurt. We walked in and saw trash all over the floor--it was her medicine!!! She had somehow gotten on the counter in the kitchen and ripped through the cardboard box and thick plastic pill bottle and eaten EVERY one of her pills! We were terrified. That is quite an overdose! I called the vet and Franklin met her up there last night. They gave her charcoal, and got her started on IVs. The overdose could cause kidney failure, a bleeding ulcer, and even be fatal! She is going to be fine, but it was so scary. She is in the hospital for at least a few nights. I am kicking myself thinking I should have known, but we have had so many good things on the counter lately and she hasn't tried to get any of it! Even Franklin's homemade strawberry birthday cake, I don't get it??! Maybe those pills are addicting or something because we usually have to wrap her pills in cheese and she somehow eats the cheese and spits up the pill.
On another note-
Today was DF's 4 month check up. He did great, the doctor said that he's "perfect". We got a great check up and after I went through my list of a zillion questions we finally left with our semi-fussy baby, after he got his second round of shots. The first time he got shots,he ran fever so I have already given him Tylenol. So sad to see that bottom lip quiver, but it didn't last long.
Here are his stats:
Weight: 17 lb. 9oz.
90th percentile
Height: 25 1/2 inches
60th percentile
Head: 42 cm
I thought he was going to weigh more than that. My scale system didn't work, which could be good news and mean that my scale is a couple of pounds heavy:)
DF is feeling good now so we hope it lasts and Bella may get to come home tomorrow, (best case scenario) but we've gotten good reports today.
I'm off to play with the girls for a little bit tonight and really looking forward to it! Franklin and David Franklin are going to watch Friday Night Lights in their pj's. Franklin couldn't be happier about those plans either!
No comments:
Post a Comment