Over the weekend the Grandpas got to work on this boy...
In Fayetteville, my dad discovered that David Franklin couldn't really ride a tricycle. He just hasn't shown much intrest and rides his tractor or runs and plays instead and I haven't forced it. Well Pops did, but it got him to ride a bike and push the pedals all by himself. I didn't get any pics because I walked up ahead so softy Mommy wouldn't let him off the bike when he whinned and fussed and wanted to ditch it on the side of the street.
And Grandpa really worked with him at the pool. We haven't done swim lessons this year because with a new baby, I just thought I'd save my money and my time and wait until next year. There is a lady who is supposed to be phenomal but only takes them when they are 3. He isn't afraid of the water but doesn't like to go under much, and the whole holding your breath thing wasn't clicking and he'd end up drinking a lot of water. Until now that is... Grandpa tossed the swim ring and got him going under, blowing bubbles, holding his breath and was doing kicking drills and had this boy truly swiming on his own more than he's ever done! It was a good learning weekend for DFB. Grandpas can teach in ways Mommas can't- or won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment