When people would ask David Franklin how old he was he would say "2 months old" instead of two years for quite a long time. It was pretty funny the reaction he got. Well, right now he's 2 1/2 years old and Nora is actually 2 months old.
Our doctor's appointment is late because our doctor is on vacation this week so I don't have new stats yet but she is growing like a weed and her little smile is getting easier and easier to get out of her and is heart meltingly sweet.
She's still a great little sleeper but we are getting ready to do some adjusting with that, like out of the nap nappy and perhaps in her crib in her room pretty soon. We'll see.
I'm also chugging right along with the no dairy and it's a killer, I'm not going to lie. But I have found some good things, like no dairy margarine and almond milk, which is actaully delicious. There is also a new vegan restaraunt in town that is wonderful so it is possible for me to keep going. She is pretty sensetive so I can't cheat much and actually in some ways I think soy formula might actually be better for her. I've been told that she may not even have reflux, and this could all be allergy related and she's still getting traces of it through my milk. I obviously want to do what's best for her. I will talk to the doctor about it at her appointment and see what he says. As of right now, my new goal is to breast feed her exclusively for 3 months and I'm pumping everyday so that I can hopefully stretch it out a little further with that even when I quit. I'm not throwing in the towel yet!!
She's the sweetest little thing and these past two months have been wonderful. I was so nervous before she came about having two children and the juggling act, but the adjustment has been easier than I thought it may be. We feel beyond lucky to have her in our lives and it's hard to imagine her not being around before.
No comments:
Post a Comment