Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh happy day



a
a


my first shot this morning!

I GOT IT!! I can't remember the last time I had a big item that I wanted as a gift...even before my teenage years I think. For at least the past 10 years, clothes and money have been great with me (still are). But this year, as everyone knows, I really wanted a new camera. I got the Nikon D40- exactly what I wanted. I did lots of research and reading and discovered this would be the best fit for me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Franklin!!!

I had already taken 81 pictures by noon and even got an adrenaline rush trying to get certain shots. Hahaha! The quality! The detail! I have never been able to capture these expressions before. It's a very overcast, yucky day today so I am using the flash but even the color is so much brighter and clearer. I have SO much to learn. I've watched a beginner DVD twice, and have manuals all over my desk and the editing has totally lost me- I have no idea how to even do the basics yet. I can't even find the crop! Hours and hours of fun to come figuring this all out. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement!

Now I get to capture my favorite gift in better photos every day! What a happy day for me, it's been wonderful. Not just because of my new camera but I am in a good place. I'm in the last year of my twenties, which is strange but I'm happy about it. The past decade has provided many joys and many sorrows. I know who I am so much better nearing the end of this decade than I did entering it, but I'm still learning. I'm going to live this last year in my 20s to the fullest- before I'm officially OLD :) Love you all, many thanks for making this birthday so special and my life so blessed!

As far as our bug is concerned, DF and I are doing better but Franklin has just informed me he's not feeling so hot. Uh-oh, this is one nasty virus!!

2 comments:

Julee said...

Yeah for a new camera! I love cameras and I am sure I will be wanting a new one as soon as we have a child too! Great pics of DF! I can't believe he is walking. Please let us know if yall head this way for a game. We would love to see yall and especially DF! :)

Kelly said...

Yeah!! So happy you got it. The pics look great!!