Thursday, September 3, 2009

11 Months Old





David Franklin is 11 months! I could easily cry right now if I wasn't telling myself not to be dramatic and get a grip. This may also be because at school today they told me he took steps, is going to color with crayons next week, ate meatloaf for lunch (real, not baby food), and fed himself his milk out of a sippy cup, not a bottle! Is this the 1 year old class or kindergarten? Franklin and I are so strict about what he eats that when I told Franklin he ate meatloaf for lunch, he bust out laughing. Good attitude, I think. I stopped in front of the Old Country Store today for his pictures because the brick is painted the prettiest turquoise color.

So here is what Day-Fray or The "Woob" is up to as of late:
-Size 4 diapers
-3 teeth and another busting through now
-Taking steps
-3 8oz. bottles a day- I just weaned the 4th.
-Self Feeding a lot
-Eating more table food (more than we know apparently)
-Can high five, clap, wave hi and bye bye.
-Not very verbal, only says Ma-ma when he needs something.
-Bath time is his FAVORITE time of day. He sometimes crawls to his bathtub and beats on this side.
-Still likes his thumb when he gets sleepy/hungry or upset
-Still happy all the time
-Sleeping from 8pm-7am all the way through, but wakes up 30 min. early some days.
-Naps are 2 times a day anywhere from 1-2 hours each, but school only does 1 nap so were are struggling there....I like 2 naps!
-He loves books and music
-He loves kisses and leans in or opens his mouth to give them to you...yummy!
-Very affectionate and snuggly (even his new teachers say so)
-He can climb up a flight of stairs (not down...he has no concept of feet first or fear of heights)
-He is very determined and has a sharp memory
-Smiles and crinkles his nose
-Is very ticklish all over
-Loves to be bounced or get tossed in the air or on legs


I could go on and on, so I will stop myself for your sake and mine. We are so blessed by him and love him so much our hearts could explode!!

1 comment:

The Nuckols said...

Awwe Amanda!...he is getting so big. Will you be bringing him to a game this fall?