Saturday, August 1, 2009




Happy Birthday Gammers!!! Today is my mom's birthday. We are so fortunate to have her in our lives. She has devoted her entire life to her family. And boy, does she know about self-sacrifice. Case and Point: She took David Franklin with her in Glenwood to my Pap-paw's house last night. She goes every Friday night to take care of my Pap and David Franklin has an open invitation to go with her each week. We took her up on her offer and had a date night. We enjoyed our night but I thought it would be nice for her to wake up to a happy boy on her birthday. When I called this morning her voice sounded so happy! We love you and I hope this year is a great one for you!!

David Franklin has learned a new trick. He actually has done this for about 2 weeks but I haven't been able to catch it on my flip until yesterday! He has learned to shake his head "no." He doesn't know it means "no" obviously, and he answers it for every question once he gets started. I'm sure that's because we all bust out laughing every time!! It's so precious. I'm trying to teach him how to nod his head "yes" but I don't seem to do that as much these days in my parenting, unfortunately.



Also, Aunt Jessica gave us a new toy- the activity table. I have heard these are big hits around this stage and it sure was! We are so lucky that she kept so much of this stuff to pass down to us. Thanks Jess! I also walked out of the living room for a minute and couldn't see DF, but I could hear him. I found him underneath the t.v. where we store his toys, he climbed on in and played with them in there. Helps with clean up so that's great with me!

Franklin and I are going to play tennis today which we have to do before next weekend and the DRJII Tennis Tournament! Playing 1 time a year is not acceptable. We were also going to go out on the boat for a little bit today, but the rain has totally knocked that out. Have a good weekend everyone, even if it a wet one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just look at that little guy! He gets more precious by the day!!!That's a great place for him to play with his toys, kind of a play house!! I love the video of him shaking his head NO! You can tell he doesn't have a clue what it means! LOL! So glad DF went to Paps for the night with Gammers! I'm sure she was so happy when she woke up on this birthday morning and Paps too!! Loved all the pics from your Astro weekend!!! You could see Aunt Robbie was having so much fun with all of you! DF looked so cute with the beer bottle and his Astro gear!