Monday, August 17, 2009

DRJII Tennis Tournament


Grands LOVED DF wearing the wig Drewby wore to play in! He looked like he should be on that show about Toddlers and Tiaras!




I know this is really late but I promised a post for DRJII Tennis Tournament 2009.

It was a great weekend. It was HOT out there. We have our August weekend set for a few reasons, mainly it really seems to work with most people's schedule is but these summers are getting hotter and hotter! We tried to keep water on the courts and I think everyone was alright and didn't get too dehydrated. If they were it was probably from the night before...

Friday night the DRJII Board and others, went out to James and the Mill for dinner. I saved our wine cork and everyone at the table signed it so I will always remember that night. I haven't been there since a function my sophmore year of college. The presentation is still very impressive.

Saturday was a long day at the courts and Abby and I came out victorious- not sure how- but it was a very close match against Sarah and Molly. Leigh and Elizabeth swiftly put us back in our place but we made it to the finals so that was pretty cool. Franklin and Ferris weren't so lucky, but they played well. Saturday night, Drew rented out a room at Powerhouse and we all got together for dinner. It was so sweet of so many people to come from all over. So nice to see faces that I don't get to see very often and to remember David all together. I love the reunion feel this weekend has acquired over the years. We appreciate you all and look forward to this time spent together every year!

No comments: