

This very special and I wanted to share. It is a letter Drew, one of David's best friends in the world, sent today.
5 Years.
Can you believe it?
Five years sure does go by fast. I may be alone in thinking this but it seems like just yesterday that David was here with us. In these past 5 years so many things have happened. Many have graduated college, some have got married, and some have moved away. At first it makes me sad to think that he wasn't here to experience all these great memories. But then, I think back at all of these special times we have shared together and can't help but remember the feeling of him watching over us.
There were a few very special times where I felt like David was watching. Sam and Linnsys wedding was one of them. I remember looking around and thinking David would have loved this. I was wrong. David was enjoying every bit of it. I think we all new who was leading the dancing in spirit. Then there were the several parties and get togethers we have had over the past 5 years on Lake Hamilton and Colby's house. It seemed like every time we go there I really seem to relax and enjoy myself. I remember one party at Colby's where we were all bummed out that it was gonna rain. Everyone had come in town and they were predicting rain. That day, the rain held off until dark fell and I remember at one point thinking, "Thanks, David."
But I believe that there was one special moment that really made me realize that David is watching. It was Amanda's Wedding. It just seemed in my opinion that everything went perfect. Every bride would want a perfect wedding and I believe that's what David provided for his sister who he loved so much. A beautiful ceremony, a beautiful reception, and a beautiful new family started. Amanda and Franklin's son, David Franklin, has no idea how much he is loved and how lucky he is. Lucky for his family, friends, and lucky for his uncle angel watching over him.
After thinking about long and hard of what I was going to write on this day. I realized something.
David WASN'T my best friend, He IS my best friend
David WASN'T my hero, He IS my hero.
It's not a matter of forgetting about him - that could never happen - it's about realizing he is still hear with us everyday and will be for the rest of our lives watching over us. Because that's what angels do and that's what David truly was....an Angel.
I love all of you,
Drew Allbritton
P.S. Also with Amanda's Wedding couldn't help but think David rightly placed the guy with the Nascar shirt in the background of the ceremony to make all of us smile.
8 comments:
I can't believe it's been 5 years either! Holy cow that was the sweetest letter ever from Drew! What a man! I loved every word of his letter about David! We love and miss you, David!
I'm crying as I read this precious letter. I don't know anything about your brother but if he is anything like you I know that he was a genuinely great guy! I will be thinking of you guys today! Also tell Franklin that Matt and I said Happy Belated Birthday!!
Five years has gone by in a flash Amanda. I have been thinking of you and your family a lot today. Everything Drew wrote was so true. He is truly missed! Much Love!
Wow. I had no idea you had a brother that passed. I had no idea that's where David Franklin got his name. Thank you for sharing the letter, It made me cry and I don't even know you or David :) Franklin is so lucky to have you :)
What a beautiful letter, Amanda. It was so uplifting to read and to remind us all that we have guardian angels watching over us and they are always with us.
Hey Amanda and Franklin - thatt brought tears to my eyes!! Much love to your family. - Sarah
That letter was sooo sweet and made me cry! I can't believe it has been 5 yrs either. I am thinking about you guys.
thinking about you all...
Post a Comment