Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat


Too cute in his track suit

Lunch with the Kalers

Lunch at Arlington Park

Walk at Gulpha Gorge

Hanging with Grandpa after Trick or Treating

Our sleepy pumpkin with Wes

On our way out for our First Halloween!


With Gammers at NPCC!


We had a great Halloween weekend in Hot Springs with our little trick or treater! Even though both Franklin and I are fighting head colds, we had a full weekend and also managed to keep from getting the the baby sick- knocking on wood now!!

Friday I had a doctor's appointment so Gammers got to keep David Franklin at her office. They had a big time playing and Gammers loved getting to show him off! After I picked him up we went to the Wharf and met my friend Abby and her family for lunch. Her sister has 4 kids and it was so good to talk to her and ask questions and watch how seamless it was for her. It put things in perspective for me, just having one, even though minutes before I walked in Wal-Mart and got so overwhelmed I turned around and walked straight out! I love the Kaler's so I loved getting to go to lunch with them on the lake.

That night we dressed up our little pumpkin (he had a newborn outfit but was too big for it so we had to cut the feet out of it so he could wear it!!) We made it work and he looked really precious. He got to see Rick and Diane, Tyler and Aunt Wesley, Susan, Bee and Westly and John Oliver. Really they all got to see him since he was asleep for most of our stops:) We went by about 4 or 5 places, and we ended up at Meme and Grandpa's condo where he had some good play time and got to get out of that uncomfortable costume!

Saturday was a gorgeous day and we decided to make the most of it. Franklin and I got up and took Day-Fray (our new nickname for him) and Bella for a hike at Gulpha Gorge. It was so pretty and you could see all of the colors changing on the trees on the mountains. We ended the morning with a picnic downtown at Arlington Park, where we got married. We had to show the little guy where it all started:) We looked like quite the tourists. Saturday night, Megan, Chad, Anna, Diane, Mom, Brenda, Franklin and I all played Taboo at the condo- our favorite game. Anna, Megan and I dominated everyone else! David Franklin slept like a rock in his pack n play through all of the screaming and laughing! Funny, cause then when everyone left and it was time for bed--he was UP :)

Today the little guy is 1 month old- Happy Birthday David Franklin! What a WONDERFUL month it has been!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Track Suit might be the cutest thing I have ever seen! We had fun on Saturday!! Love you!

Meredith Woodruff said...

Happy 1 month Day-Fray:)!!!

Kate said...

i love day-fray!!!!haha!