Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Mama-ratzzi


Who says a Thursday morning at home isn't a black tie affair?

Trying to be 'artsy'

Serious face- this is what we are getting a lot...no smiles yet

Blanket Molly gave him, not only adorable but so SOFT! I try to steal it sometimes

I have no new news other than I am dying to know how much David Franklin weighs. We don't go back to the doctor until December, so I came up with a plan. I thought I would be really smart and weigh myself and then weigh myself holding him and subtract the difference- not sure how accurate it is but there was a 12 pound difference!!! Could he really already weigh 12 pounds? He is a big guy, but I'm not convinced he's 12 pounds yet.

I did wake up this morning and want to try my own "photo shoot" with David Franklin. My day could be complete with putting on different outfits and trying to get pictures of him, I LOVE it! The shoot didn't turn our nearly like I wanted it to-- like I really thought I could whip up some Mika Beth Edwards or Sarah Bussey style this morning!! I wish I was more talented at taking pictures now like lots of you are. How did you guys get so good? Maybe someday I can take some lessons or...just hire a professional. The problem with that is he changes and grows so fast that I want great pictures everyday!!

6 comments:

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

This is crazy but i came across your blog randomly and then I realized it was you. You may not even remember me but i thought I would say hi and also that your son is beautiful. Congratulations!
I think your husband went on a golf trip last summer with my brother Ty. At least that is what my mom said. Anyways...you have a beautiful family!
Erin Moore Kennedy

Dana Daniel said...

It is quite possible that David Franklin is 12 lbs. Cooper gained a pound a week in the begining. I thought it was crazy but it is possible. He is so sweet. Give him kisses from me!

said...

Great pictures. Those cheeks look like he is storing food for the winter. Makes you want to pinch them ever so gently!!!The cheeks might account for a great deal of the weight gain. Just teasing....he's a cutie pie!!

Blaine said...

Amanda-
I used to do the same thing with Gillian. I would dress her all up and take pictures of her on the couch. I think it's pretty normal! We just want to see how cute they can actually be. I love the serious face one! He does look pretty big...he could weigh 12 lbs. I can't wait to see him again, i know he's probably changed so much!
Love yall!
Blaine

Bethany said...

Hey Amanda! This Bethany Samuel Jennings. I just love reading blogs and came across yours thru 2 mutual friends. Congrats on David, he is beautiful! Don't you love being a mom? I know I do!

A tip on his weight. Since I breastfeed, I too was concerned about Ellie's weight. Ellie's doctor lets us bring her in any time without an appointment to check her weight. Very common, you ought to ask your doctor, too. Also, Expressively Yours at Baptist lets you do this anytime too..no wait.

Best of luck.

Lauren said...

I LOVE the photos - looks like you guys had a great time together :) I hated to miss Bunko and was especially sad when I heard you went! I miss you tons, we need to get together soon, the twins keep bugging me about meeting David Franklin!!

Love, Lauren