Wednesday, November 19, 2008

6 weeks old


Afternoon nap

Always so glad when Franklin gets home from work, especially Bella!


Sorry I have been bad about blogging, my Grands Basil passed away last Thursday. Franklin, David Franklin and I loaded up and drove 6 1/2 hours to Osage Beach, Missouri. We were scared to make the trip, but DF was GREAT! He was such a champ and it was good being with my Grands Ellen and my family during that time. We love Grands Basil and will really miss him.

We have been very busy but I don't have many new pictures--so sorry to disappoint. I was watching him sleep today thinking that is the cutest face I've ever seen and then when I got my camera the flash made him mad and/or bothered him so they didn't turn out very well. They are kind of funny and show how bad a photographer I am, but I will post one anyway.

I want to share a few updates on his 6 week development- mostly so I won't forget so feel free to skip:

-He likes riding in the car- he is so content and then can sleep for hours in his car seat
-He loves lights, movement and sounds which means...he loves the T.V. I know it's probably not good but what can I say??
-We are starting to get some big grins, more and more everyday and they MELT our hearts!
-He is grabbing toys (rather we put them in his hands and he holds them)
-He is getting more used to baths but still aren't his favorite
-He likes music a lot
-He can hold his head up and move it side to side well
-He is eating a lot and growing SO fast- I am going to have to go shopping for new clothes and pj's soon
-He is sleeping well, he is still waking up for feedings during the night but he (usually) goes right back down to bed. And I really mean bed- (he was sleeping in his vibrating seat at night for a week or so) When it's the middle of the night and you are tired, it is hard to be disciplined and put him in the bed when you know there will be crying, but we are getting better and the crying is, too
-Bella likes him more and more; if I am holding him in the chair she tries to get up in my lap, too

We are going out to a house on Lake Ouachita this weekend with my mom's side of the family to celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend. I am looking forward to a few days of Taboo, movies, hot tub, hiking, and turkey. And Franklin treated me to a massage! I hope to have lots of pictures so I will post more after the weekend.

4 comments:

said...

David Franklin sure looks like the picture of health and those cheeks are just precious. I bet they get lots of mommy kisses. So much fun to see pictures and hear the stories! Thanks for sharing.

Meredith Woodruff said...

So glad to see a new post! Sorry to hear about your Grand Basil:(! Hope to see more pics soon!

Kate said...

sorry to hear about your grandparent...
the pics are so cute..and i don't know why but i laughed at the one of franklin in his business suit! so professional! :) too cute. hope you all have a happy holiday!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your Grands Basil, I know thats hard. DF looks so sweet and cute, I hope I get to meet him soon! Happy Thanksgiving!