
Getting all cleaned up in the Froggie Tub

With Cousin Sarah

Our hike- don't worry he had on 3 hats and was warm and toasty!

On our way to the Bright's party

Just chillin'
Back from the woods- our weekend at Mt. Harbor was a great, different way to spend Thanksgiving. Franklin's family from Texas is coming in this week and we will spend Thanksgiving day with them as well as the Vaughts in Hot Springs. My mom's side of the family, the Ligons, got together and celebrated a week early. There were about 13 of us in all. We missed those who couldn't be with us but you were with us in spirit like always. The weather was cold so we didn't do as much outside as we thought we could and our lake house was actually a 'modular home.' I didn't know what that meant and didn't catch it on the brochure. For those of you who also don't know, it's a nice way of saying double wide. It was very cozy and we settled right on in!
Let me break down the weekend for you:
-Taboo- Always hilarious, especially with beginners like my Uncle Bob
-Turkey and hash brown casserole- Mmm, tradition
-Family hike- cold
-Massage- one of the best
-Getting the extended family together for holidays- PRICELESS!!
Thursday night we went to a lovely party at Leslie and Richard Bright's house. We brought David Franklin with us. He was really good but, of course, had a lot of gas while he was being held. This is not just a little bit of gas like babies usually get where their faces turn red so you know it's happening. This is really loud, and there is quite a bit of grunting involved. I don't like it if his tummy hurts but listening to him grunt, etc. is pretty cute and hilarious. My cousin's husband, Vince, nicknamed him "Rattle Britches" cause the boy can really let it go. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if he's allergic to something I eat but I watch my diet and it seems to be the same regardless of what I eat. I think he is just very gassy- thank goodness he's a boy!!
I also am now convinced he knows my voice--I was told he did but I didn't really believe it. Thursday night, I had to take a shower but he was not very settled. I put him in his bouncy seat in the bathroom with me and jumped in. He started crying 30 seconds after I was already in the shower and there was nothing I could do, so I started talking and he started to calm down. If I stopped, he cried so I started singing song after song as loud as I could and he went right to sleep!! I sang everything that came into my mind- camp songs, hymns, even Rhianna. Wish I had more lullabies memorized, but not yet. I know he has to be my son because he is the only one who would actually be soothed by such a sound, everyone else would run as fast as they could!
We have SO much to be thankful for this year. A new baby to celebrate the holidays with makes everything so much more exciting and meaningful. It is so special to think about traditions that we are starting for him. We will get to experience his joy through these times for years to come. That gives me a new hope and joy that the holidays have not held for me in the past few years. We love you dearly David Franklin and are so THANKFUL for you!
Happy Turkey Day everyone and BIG HUGS from the Basses!!
2 comments:
I love the gas stories, how funny!!I am so glad he makes the holidays full of hope and joy again, you are so blessed to have him! Happy Thanksgiving!
He's too cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. What is it about little boys and gas? Beckett has embarrassed me many times in public. He's so loud I know people think there is no way that sound came from a baby! Hope to get to hold David Franklin over Thanksgiving in Hot Springs!
Post a Comment