Monday, September 29, 2008

October 3, 2008

Our countdown is wrong- it isn't 10 days any more it's 4!! We went to the doctor today and things are progressing right along....if David Franklin doesn't come sometime in the next few days, we are scheduled to induce this Friday, October 3! This is really exciting for lots of reasons but one is really special to Franklin's family. October 3rd is his late grandfather's (Daddy Uh-oh's) birthday. He would be 90 years old.

We are THRILLED that this baby is coming this week. Franklin wanted to go to bed at 8:00 tonight because he thinks he only has a few good nights left...too bad you can't save sleep!! Please keep us in your prayers this week as we pray for a healthy and safe arrival for David Franklin Bass. We feel so blessed and happy! Neither of us can stop smiling as we think about greeting this little life that we have wondered about, prayed for, nurtured, and have already grown to love so much. Life is good!!!

12 comments:

Sarah Bussey Adams said...

Oh My Goodness! I can't believe that sweet baby is about to be here. I know you guys are so excited! Love the nursery by the way. It is so cute!

Sarah said...

YAY!! I will pray that everything goes perfect! How exciting, I hope that you guys have such a great day on Friday, if not sooner!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Sarah said...

Also, if you have time, will you text me your address or post it on my blog. I am needing it and Anna said she doesnt have your new one. Thank you!!

Amber said...

yipppiiieee!!! I know that y'all are both so excited! Get ready for each and every day to be filled with something new! I will be checking in often to see lots of pics! Good luck! I'll be praying for an easy and fast delivery!

Kate said...

woooohooooooooo! that is so exciting! i will be thinkin about you all! i think it will be a walk in the park for ya! email me if you need help with your hospital packing or anything! :)

Evelyn said...

YAY!!! I know you both are so anxious!! You will be in my prayers and I can't wait to see pics of David Franklin. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, we will see if Baby Claire intends on joining us anytime soon!! Hugs to you both!

buscher3 said...

Yay!!! Such an exciting and surreal time. Make sure to have him take lots of pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

Leslie shared the good news last night and I know she'll be keeping us updated. Elizabeth and I will be thinking about you two -make that THREE - this week.

Take care

Tabitha and Kelly said...

YAY!! Congrats! We are sending our prayers.

Meghan said...

I was actually just thinking about you and wondering if David Franklin was going to be here soon.. or if he already decided to join us. Glad to read an update. CONGRATS on only having a couple more days to wait! so exciting!!

Evan Ray Canode said...

So happy for you both! You will be wonderful parents! Love you both can't wait to see pictures - hope the labor goes well - your in our prayers! Love Ray and Michelle

Dana Daniel said...

God bless you guys and your sweet baby! Can't wait to see pictures.