
Summit Bank Shower

Franklin gets to open some gifts!

Golf Outing
I haven't blogged much recently because I really haven't had much to tell. We haven't been able to travel very far and we both have cleared our calendars in case a baby comes. Last week we had an after hours shower at Summit Bank and I had to post pictures of Franklin opening gifts- he opened almost all of them! It was his one and only baby shower to be invited to so he took full advantage. It was a lot of fun.
I didn't go back to teaching this fall so I have been trying to keep myself busy. I have been reading a ton- I finished 3 books in about 5 days! I haven't read this much my whole life. My brother Jason, sent me some books that his girlfriend Lauren wrote. That's right- she is an author of this series called Inside Girl. They are really great, light, fun little reads about high school girls in New York City (pretty Gossip Girlish, but not as heavy duty). I really enjoy reading but I am also glad that good tv is starting back up, like Dancing with the Stars tonight :)
This weekend we went on our last boat ride of the summer. The weather was wonderful so I also went and rode around in the golf cart while Franklin played golf. It's been a while since I have done that and it is really pretty fun. Wives, if your husbands golf, you should fill up a little ice chest and go with once in awhile. No ice chest for us this time- but still fun. I was hoping that going over all of those bumps would just bump this baby on out :) No such luck.
We did a little last minute shopping, and a lot of going out to eat. Breakfast is my new favorite meal of the day and especially to go out for it!! I don't know why they say in your third trimester your appetite slows down- mine has spiked!! Yes, the heartburn has too, but it's like I cannot get enough food! It isn't exactly a good thing, but oh well. The diet starts soon enough...
I went to the doctor today and have dilated even more. Things are progressing so that was fun news to get. It is a VERY exciting time and when I read other blogs and what mommies have to say about their children, I get all teary-eyed. I must admit it is also strange in a way. These are the last days that we are the kids, that it's just us and we can do whatever we want to do (sort of). I know it is all a good change, and I cannot wait to experience this miracle but it feels like I'm leaving my childhood...although I don't think "childhood" includes the late 20's!! :)
4 comments:
O.k. enough with the I feel fat and ugly stuff. You don't even look pregnant in that new pic that you posted! I know you feel it, but you look great and you're almost there, so be proud of yourself for still looking fab! Hey, I forgot to mention that i stole all of those pics from your LR shower and put them on my blog. I'm sure you noticed, so thanks. Keep up the positive attitude and the patience...David Frnaklin will be here when he's ready. I've still got more advice for you...maybe I'll start doing "Moma Tips of the day." I really like the sound of that...it makes me sound so wise! Love you!
Supposedly lots of heartburn means a head full of hair. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but that was the first question i remember the doc asking when Zoe came out, "have you had a lot of heartburn?" When I answered yes, she said, so that's why she's got a head full of hair. How odd at that very moment.
I had heartburn, and Cole did have a head full of hair! (no chest hair YET!) Ha, ha! He had lots of black hair, but since his birth, it has all fallen out, and it is coming back in blonde! Crazy! I can't wait for David Franklin to be here!!! Keep us posted!
Sally and I were talking about you guys just today and I thought I would peek in at you two! Your post was so sweet! You think you cry now reading these blogs, just wait until your little miracle arrives!! It is the most amazing experience ever! I've been getting sad lately because I feel like with all of Max's milestones he is becoming less and less of a baby! Good luck and we'll keep you all in our prayers!
Post a Comment