Yesterday was David's birthday and I went to lunch with mom. It is never just us without kids or others and we got to visit and talk like we usually don't have time for. It was really nice talking about David and remembering him and all of the joy be brought us. We weren't going to do balloons but the kids asked and really wanted to. Nora said, mom it's a tradition. And apparently one they count on. Franklin offered to get balloons and bring them to mom's house after work and we released them. I posted it on Instagram and was so surprised how many commented on how much they missed him and thought of him. It's been so long, but I am just very touched when people reach out and I heard from his friends, old girlfriends, even someone I don't know very well that said how much they thought of him and that all of the girls had crushes on him in high school. I wish he'd have known that. I am thankful that the kids enjoy doing this, more than I realized.
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment