Friday, May 13, 2011

Both

New baby brother or sister will be joining us very soon. I know the ticker on the blog says 16 days but really it's only 10! At my last doctor's appointment, he decided to schedule our day to induce- Monday, May 23rd. He said if not sooner and Franklin thinks it will be before then, but I don't. I think May 23rd it is. I am happy with the date because David F. was born on October 3. He's the 3rd, Baby number two is the 2-3rd. Very appropriate I think- and easy for a mama to remember.

We have also finally decided on our baby names. I am pretty hard set on only using family names and I like old fashioned ones. We wanted to pull from different sides of our families since David Franklin both came from our dads' sides of the family. David (my dad) and Franklin(Franklin's dad). After naming David Franklin a name so rich in history and meaning, I didn't want to slight the second one.

The Ligons are very important in my life, and I couldn't pick just one that I wanted to honor so Ligon was an easy choice because it's gets them all. Ligon is my mom's maiden name so it's after her, Mam-Maw, Pap-Paw, Aunt Lois and my brother Jason, as his name is Jason Ligon Morphew. I'm thrilled with it and so is Franklin. He has met and had relationships with all of them and now enjoys working on Pap-Paw's farm so he's proud of the Ligon, too.

We've had _____ Ligon Bass for a while for either boy or girl, but the first names were harder, not to mention pretty important!!

We have decided for a boy it will be Charles "Charlie" Ligon Bass. That is after Franklin's grandfather, Mitzi's dad, Charles "Charlie" Eugene Watson. He was a great man, a strong man, an extremely hard worker, and one that Franklin admired and loved for many reasons. We think this name is a classic and one that will stand the test of time and remind us of people we love. I also think it sounds really friendly. I would want to be friends with Charlie Bass.

We have decided for a girl the name will be Nora Ligon Bass. Nora Bernice Cook Sparkman is Franklin's great grandmother, or how he refers to her "Corpus Mimi." This is Mommie Boo's mother and she also was a fine Christian woman who worked hard, and cared for and loved her family deeply. It is also through her that Franklin was introduced to Sparkman Ranch in George West, Texas. This place is VERY dear to his heart. We think it's a beautiful, classic old name that isn't too common, and would be cute as a little girl and sophisticated as an adult. I think a Nora Bass would be pretty irresistable, to us all :)

So....what bun is in this oven and who's been baking in there?? Charlie or Nora? I'm so excited to find out I can hardly stand it! It sounds strange but David Franklin has been saying for months when people ask him about if he wants a boy or a girl- "both." He now does it because he gets a laugh out of everyone when he says it. I have now thought about the possibility of a girl and a boy for so long that I am kind of with DFB, and I want both. I have visions of Charlie and visions of Nora and have pictured life with either of them and now I kind of want them both. I know there is only one baby in there and I don't mean I want twins....don't get me wrong. It's just he likes boys and girls, he likes them both and it doesn't matter to him. That's how I feel, too. Maybe David Franklin's response should have been mine all along. (Although instead of making people laugh, they would probably think I'm crazy). I want both, I want either, I want this exact baby that I've carried, whomever it may be. I'm already in love. Pink or blue, I like them BOTH.

No comments: