Pausing for a quick game of peek-a-boo
Happy Birthday to my Pap-Paw, or now known as "Pap Pap". He is 84 today and we are so grateful. Pap Pap is not doing very well, I'm sorry to say. He is moving in with an unbelievable lady and her family tomorrow and he will have phenomenal care. It surprised me and made me sad on Monday, we pulled up to the hospital to go visit a new baby born, Will Westerman, and David Franklin saw we were at the hospital and said Pap Pap. I guess we had gone to visit him there so long, that is who he thought we were going to see.
We went to the park today and I brought my camera. It is right by a pretty little creek and has wild daffodils blooming. He was so funny, he liked the flowers for a little while...until he found sticks. It is GORGEOUS weather and perfect to play outside!
Last night the McBrides came over for dinner and David Franklin and Avery were so cute together- they played and played and even made up a little game (run to one corner of the room and trade places). They are under 2 and made up a game! David Franklin loved baby Wyatt too. He has seen so many new babies lately, and he loves them! This morning he said, baby, baby. He tries to get in their swings, car seats, take their bottles, etc.
He is still my baby. I have a little song I made up when he was born that I would sing to him. It's so simple, but this morning I started singing it and I stopped before the last part, he started with the next word! I couldn't believe it, he knows my song! It must be how a singer feels when the crowd sings along for the first time ;)
Here is my song in case you are wondering about my killer songwriting abilities: (that talent was only given to my brother in my family)
You are my baby, my baby, my baby,
You are my baby. YES, You are!
And I love you, I love you, I love you
And I love you, VERY much!
Hey, the birthday song isn't exactly lyrically genius and it's still a hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment