
Getting named Sheriff at Kemosabe, one of Franklin's favorite stores.


Rocky and Bubba, the mighty horses



Rocking the shades


He didn't fall- he was trying to eat the snow.

...still hungry
We are back from our long weekend in Colorado. We had SO MUCH FUN! We went with the Eldridges and Carpenters with a total of 5 kids under 4 years old in one house- if you are assuming it was crazy, you are correct! The big kids rubbed off on DF and helped increase his vocabulary, practice with the stairs, and even some cuts and bruises :) David Franklin's schedule is shot but he will get back in the grove and it was so worth it.
The first day the ladies went into town and shopped and had lunch at the base of the mountain while the men skied. The second day, we all went skiing (except for the babies, of course) It was an amazing ski day with fresh powder and sunshine so it was perfect conditions. We had some great runs and finished the day with the kids at the Silvertree Hotel where we listened to the Heart of the Rockies band. I also happened to ride the elevator with Amy Grant who was my first concert as a little girl and I have all of her Christian tapes (yes, tapes) and her Christmas albums. When I saw her, I waved and said "HEY!!" like I've known her forever. Well, I guess I have known her, but she sure didn't know me and that was a little awkward. She did talk to me later and was really sweet and I got over my embarrassment pretty fast.
The last day we went on a beautiful sleigh ride in the old town of Ashcroft and had lunch. David Franklin loved the horses and the ride was so slow that it was the perfect winter adventure for him. We went into Aspen that afternoon as a family and did some shopping and had ice cream outside of Paradise Bakery, it was a pretty perfect day. We ate dinner at some fabulous places and had great wine while we were there! It was a true vacation- a lot of fun and yet relaxing! I was pretty bad with the pictures though, I actually forgot my camera in the back seat of the car at the airport so all of these are from my phone and I have no idea why so small!
No comments:
Post a Comment