
I'm not allowed on the slide anymore. I can't hold his sweet hands and lead him through the halls. It's my first step in letting him go, but he's ready to fly and he will SOAR. And you better believe I'm there in my heart and ready to catch him and dust him off each day. He's covered in prayer, he's my first born love, he's got this. Kindergarten, here he comes!! This picture was taken on the playground at the park when he was 1!
So handsome!
Our drop off was quick, it was a rainy day and I was sad we didn't have more pictures and we weren't even allowed in the halls, but it was probably for the best. I held it together, but I cried in the car with Franklin. (He didn't really get it, but was sweet). I then went to a breakfast with other moms that was aptly called a "Sip and Sob" since we had all dropped off our kindergarteners for the first time. We looked at baby pictures and their first day pics and said a prayer for our children and their teachers.
I read this book to DF before bed, and when the baby cried out at 3:00 I had a hard time falling back asleep. So... I crept into DF's room and rubbed at his sweet face and said the same words I had read to him right before bed; I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
I know, I know, I just couldn't help it!!




No comments:
Post a Comment