I was pretty sentimental this Valentine's Day....
Maybe it's because it was Nora's first or maybe it's because I'm looking at how long and big my boy has gotten. Maybe its because i decorated our kitchen table this morning and it was pretty pitiful but it thrilled David Franklin, and his sweet spirit truly appreciates the small stuff.
Maybe it's because I gave my classes candy and they loved it like bunch of 3rd graders would.
Maybe it's because I love my husband dearly.
Maybe it's because our romantic dinners for two have turned into pizza dinners for four in our house shoes.
Maybe because we all danced in candlelight together afterwards and had a "group hug."
Maybe it's because I made heart shaped blueberry muffins from the muffin tins my Aunt Lois gave my mother to use when I was 6 months old with the note she wrote my mom still in the box from 1981.
Maybe it's because I can't remember a Valentines Day from my childhood without those muffins and continuing on the tradition makes me feel like I'm honoring and strengthening my family's legacy.
Maybe it's because as I put David Franklin to bed tonight, I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and his answer was the blueberry muffins. Not the candy, party at school, presents, or playing at playground- and when I brought all of those up he said, "no, the muffins."
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Oh I just love traditions and know yours are filled with legacy and love. I also LOVE that your sweet DF loved it the most! Such sweet Valentines we have :)
Post a Comment