DFB is growing up before our very eyes. Started Middle School, turned 11 and requested a banana pudding from his sister instead of a cake- it’s becoming g a thing ;) And has played tackle football for the first time. This momma has been tested and in middle school the teachers encourage parents to let go of the reigns a bit and let him take the lead in his school work. I usually sign and return a notebook everyday so this was a bit of a gut punch for me, at first although it’s now kind of nice to have one less backpack to dig through. He’s trying new things and learning new things and my favorite is that he seems to be learning about himself too. Things he truly likes and cares about. Fun fun to watch and see and I must say, I’m mighty proud of that boy. “Mighty proud” is something my grandparents said and it just rings true. I get it now. Happy 11th DFB!
I am Amanda and I love being a wife and mother. I have the family of my dreams! Motherhood is the most fulfilling, exhausting, rewarding, difficult, fun, and important calling on my life right now. Franklin and I have been married for over 12 years and I am lucky I get to live life with such a great husband and father. We are the proud parents of David Franklin, Nora and Isaac. We have a dog, Maple, and a cat, Zabby that we adopted this winter. We love to travel, spend lots of time with family and friends and really appreciate all of our blessings in life! This blog is an online journal, scrapbook/ baby book for our growing, busy, wild, little family. If you are looking for grammatically correct, politically correct, stimulating information on current events, I am sorry I can't provide that for you here, but I can tell you what my children are up to and how they are growing on a semi-regular basis. That is in between kissing boo boos, carpool, and pouring the chocolate milk!
Welcome to the Bass Family Blog! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment