It was not our best beach vacation of all time, but it was much better than I thought it would be actually! In fact, it was a real turning point for us all. DF got really good at his crutches (it was a three story house, with no elevator), and starting getting more confident. I also, felt more confident and backed off of him a bit! Both things were necessary. We enjoyed our friends, and since the weather was cooler, we were all inside more and played games, cards, had talent shows, watched football and had a good time together away. It was refreshing for us all. We did attempt the beach and that is all thanks for Franklin. He is so meticulous and a perfectionist that he wrapped DF's leg with such care not a drop or water or sand got in his cast!!! I don't have the patience to do that, but he made it work and carried him to the beach and got him out in the water. A memory I'll never forget. Life goes on, but when I think about it I can't believe we really went to the beach with DF so incapacitated!
Monday, November 5, 2018
Florida for Fall Break
Fall break- that is too literal for me now. (It's our third fall with a broken bone) but we had a trip to a the beach planned with our friends, the Van Bebbers and the Halls and DF said he wanted to try it and go as planned. It was not going to be the same, in fact, I thought it may be pretty miserable, but we were going to try it anyway. We flew, and Franklin called and made arrangements for him to have more leg room, that made it much easier.
It was not our best beach vacation of all time, but it was much better than I thought it would be actually! In fact, it was a real turning point for us all. DF got really good at his crutches (it was a three story house, with no elevator), and starting getting more confident. I also, felt more confident and backed off of him a bit! Both things were necessary. We enjoyed our friends, and since the weather was cooler, we were all inside more and played games, cards, had talent shows, watched football and had a good time together away. It was refreshing for us all. We did attempt the beach and that is all thanks for Franklin. He is so meticulous and a perfectionist that he wrapped DF's leg with such care not a drop or water or sand got in his cast!!! I don't have the patience to do that, but he made it work and carried him to the beach and got him out in the water. A memory I'll never forget. Life goes on, but when I think about it I can't believe we really went to the beach with DF so incapacitated!
It was not our best beach vacation of all time, but it was much better than I thought it would be actually! In fact, it was a real turning point for us all. DF got really good at his crutches (it was a three story house, with no elevator), and starting getting more confident. I also, felt more confident and backed off of him a bit! Both things were necessary. We enjoyed our friends, and since the weather was cooler, we were all inside more and played games, cards, had talent shows, watched football and had a good time together away. It was refreshing for us all. We did attempt the beach and that is all thanks for Franklin. He is so meticulous and a perfectionist that he wrapped DF's leg with such care not a drop or water or sand got in his cast!!! I don't have the patience to do that, but he made it work and carried him to the beach and got him out in the water. A memory I'll never forget. Life goes on, but when I think about it I can't believe we really went to the beach with DF so incapacitated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment