Monday, February 12, 2018

Meet Zabby the Tabby Cat!

We are new cat people!  A lady at the gym was moving and said who wants the best cat ever?  I have been thinking we need a cat because ever since we moved to the lake, I've been told we needed one.  For one big reason, they keep the snakes away.  Last summer I saw two so since then I've been convinced.  But I had a criteria.  If I was going to get it a cat it needed to fit the following:  Old and trained, friendly and affectionate, indoor/outdoor, snake chaser/killer, preferably no front claws, in good health, and gets along with dogs.
So this is what Amy told me about Zabby- prefers the outdoors, hasn't used her litter box in years, a hunter, declawed, spaded, affectionate and snuggly, grew up with two dogs....  
I was thinking, are you kidding me?   The kids would flip out over a new pet, and this one checks every box I would want and more...free!!!!!  So I said we would try her and guess what, we aren't even 1 week in and we all love her.  Seriously, even Franklin sneaks her treats, and went shopping for her.  Nora has buddied up big time and walks in the door looking for her.  And when Franklin said, kids we need to make sure she gets along with Maple or we will have to get rid of her, no kidding 2 out of three said, get rid of Maple!!!  Their dog for two years has been trumped by an old cat in two days.  Zabby, you are a cool cat, easy and snuggly and friendly and we are thankful you have come to join the Basses.  Now, keep those snakes away and we will be great!











No comments: