Monday, September 8, 2014

12 crock pot meals



Franklin and I tried something new-  a cooking date at home! Dinners can stress me out a bit... A lot. No one seems to eat the same thing and I like to provide healthy home cooked meals. Franklin especially appreciates it. Sometimes I feel like he really got a bad draw on his wife's skills - I am a mediocre cook and I don't really enjoy it at all. I have friends that love to do it and I really wish I did. It feels like a chore to me and is something I feel guilty about. 

So I came across this blog with 12 meals you prepare and put into freezer bags and then cook in the crockpot when ready. I love the crockpot because standing at the stove with Isaac on my hip isn't very easy and neither is timing the meal to fit everyone's busy schedules. That's why the crockpot is the best for me! 

These meals are new flavors and tastes and are all healthy and closely follow the paleo diet which is mostly vegetables and meats. No grains, dairy or sugar. (I am not following that exactly- no cheese?! Yeah right!) 

It only took a major trip to the grocery store and about 3 hours but we have dinners that will be fun to eat and try! If it's a hot I may do it once a month or at least the ones we like. We can't wait to try the honey sesame chicken! 

It was a big project for us, but it was really fun to do together! 

No comments: