Monday, September 10, 2012

David's birthday party

We had a pool party at the lake this afternoon and we sent a cupcake in flight to Heaven! We wrote messages on the balloons and sang happy birthday and let them go...It was a particularly windy day today and it landed in a tree, so don't tell David Franklin... Hopefully it broke loose! ;)

I'm not sure if they celebrate their Earthly birthdays in heaven, in fact, I don't think they do. But, we love celebrating David and it sure brought joy and comfort to us.
I had this sweet poem sent to me today and loved it...
"I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence I often speak your name. All I have are memories and your picture in a frame. Your memory is my keepsake with which I'll never part. God has you in His keeping I have you in my heart."





No comments: