Saturday, February 19, 2011

Potty Training "Boot Camp"




His laundry after 2 hours.

Well, we have had an intense potty training weekend. I'm going to skip all of the gory details. Going every 15 minutes at one point. David Franklin was amazing though and we're so proud!!!

This weekend we started the Potty Training in 3 Day Method. We have fiddled around with pull ups and sitting on the potty, but nothing was really happening and he wasn't a fan. Basically, this is a put them straight in underware technique, and it's one that some people swear by. A friend of mine sent me the Potty Training in 3 Day Book. I read up, got the supplies, prayed about it, and tried to get as mentally prepared as possible. It says you have to be consistent and not give up. It also said it takes your total focus. So I gave it that. The first day I sat at his feet, staring at his underwear, looking for wetness, etc. and asking if he needed to potty CONSTANTLY. It's all I did. And clean up messes, and so laundry. I felt myself ask him every 30 seconds at one point and I was driving him crazy! One time he shouted, NO! I don't!! Hahaha.

I know he's only a little over two, but I also knew he understood the concept and could probably do it if he had a little push. I went back and forth about wondering if he is ready, but I decided I would give it one good try and see what happened. Our pediatrician said we could start at 18 months (which I declined). The idea of two in diapers is not a terrible concept to me, but it would be wonderful if we could potty train him before baby #2 arrives.

I will say, it's the morning of day 4 and I'm not very confident. In fact, I don't believe he is "trained" like the book suggested and I'm a little sad that they sold it that way. But, he is worlds better than where we started on Friday and I think each day will get better and better. I'm just scared to leave the house without extra clothes, cleaing supplies, and plastic covers! I feel like we are taking a dog or something with us, who may pee on people's floors! :)

1 comment:

The Hudspeth's said...

girl, i can feel your pain... drew was something else to potty train! I'll be saying a prayer for you! It sounds like youre on the right track, so don't get too discouraged (the whole training thing is hard on mama :). Hope you are feeling well!