My cousin Mary gave DF his first haircut today! I was really trying to wait until he was 2, but it was getting into his eyes and it was time. I was such an annoying helicopter mom, totally hovering, but I couldn't stop myself. I was so scared my baby was going to get scalped and after about 5 snips- I told her that was good. How awful am I?! Thankfully she wasn't offended (another reason I chose her to do the honors;) and it was over. He didn't cry, but he said "no like it" several times. He got a sucker afterward, he looks super cute, (no different really), and we are all happy :)
I saved the hair of course for his baby book. I was planning to give some to the grandmothers too, but there truly isn't enough! Hopefully next time, I will have greater control and actually let her cut something.
No comments:
Post a Comment