Sunday, November 22, 2015

Spa City Running Festival

A few months ago I decided I wanted to push myself and work towards a goal and challenge and I decided that would be running in my first 10k. I've been training since August mostly with 5am runs, I had knee pain to overcome, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to loose a toenail or two but it was fun and I am proud of myself for doing it. But now I'm looking forward to a break :)
The morning of the race we saw all types of weather in that hour, well almost but thankfully no snow. Rain, freezing temps, strong winds, then the sun came out! 
Nora proved to be the real runner in the family and won 2nd place in the Spa Squirt! She took off! 
This is Erin who is my friend and I told her what I was doing and she said I want to do that too. She's much more athletic than I am and 4 years younger and it shows out there but she pushed me and we've run close to 60 miles together these past months! We wanted to get under an hour and we did. She came in at 55 minutes and I was 58. We were both 6th ladies in our age groups (yes, we are in different age groups, haha!) She got us these matching shirts and in the rain it was a great reminder to me to run happy and be thankful I can do it at all. 
At the finish line, we had great supporters!! 


I think she had fun, what do you think?
I don't know if you can tell or not, but Nora was mighty proud to hear her name called go get that big trophy. DF was proud of her too! It was a fun morning! 

No comments: