Sunday, March 22, 2015

First family 5K was the I ❤️ LK!


We participated in the I ❤️ LK 5k race this Saturday. It was DF's first race to enter and only my second. I pushed the little ones in the double stroller and franklin and David Franklin ran/walked it together.
We were honored to be a part of the beautiful event in memory of Lila Kate McCalister. It was world Down syndrome day, and the proceeds went to Down syndrome research. 

Lila Kate was in Nora's Sunday school class and a PRECIOUS girl. She hugged so tightly and was incredibly friendly and loving to everyone she met. I loved those tight hugs. The phrase on the tshirts says; love like Lila and its a message I hope to remember and live out. If we all loved like Lila did the world would be an entirely different place. 



Happy pre race



Barely making it in the end and happy to see that finish line! :) 

No comments: