Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day

We got out early on Monday, Memorial Day for a boat ride and tube rides with the Vaughts. They all had so much fun!! And they were really fun to watch and hear their squeals and laughter! 

It was Isaac's first time on the boat and he fell fast asleep. But, he also got to be a co-captain his on his first ride! He was in the bjorn while I pulled Franklin, Nora and Robbie on the tube. That is a new level of multi-tasking, I've never pulled skiers with a baby attached to me before!  

My dad taught me when I was growing up that I could do anything a boy could do and insisted that I learn how to do things on my own. Being self sufficient is important to him. While I always loved to drive and was up for anything like that, there were things I didn't want to learn how to do...like changing a flat tire. But he taught me how to do that, check the oil, use jumper cables, drive a standard, drive a boat, pull skiers, water safety, hit a golf ball, paddle a canoe, and many other life lessons that I am grateful for. That knowledge has come in handy and provided many experiences that I wouldn't have had without it. It is something I am now proud of, and makes me feel capable as an adult, a woman, and as a mother.   Thanks, dad!! 







No comments: